Saturday 19 October 2013

My Chosen Genre

I have chosen to make a music magazine of the pop/chart music genre because I feel that it has a wide audience of all different ages and I think I could come up with many ideas that would suit all different age categories.There many existing magazines of the pop genre that I think I could get inspiration from, I think that I have the most knowledge of this type of music which will help me make good decisions about my magazine.

For example, the magazine in the left 'We heart Pop' contains a famous face, Jessie J even people who don't like this genre would be likely to know about her as she is in the media a lot. I think that because I know more about this genre I could make it either very broad and make it appeal to a wide target audience or make it fairly specific.

Here I have the iTunes Pop Chart for the week beginning 13th October 2013:

1. Counting Stars - One Republic
2. Wrecking Ball - Miley Cyrus
3. Bonfire Heart - James Blunt
4. Juliet - Lawson
5. Roar - Katy Perry
6. Can We Dance - The Vamps
7. Disco love - The Saturdays
8. Burn - Ellie Goulding
9. R U Crazy (Radio Edit) - Conor Maynard
10. The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?) - Ylvis

Most of the names of the artists on this list would be recognisable to most people as they are fairly main stream and pop music often dominates radio stations.

No comments:

Post a Comment